NEW Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter with LiNK
Know where your bullet will hit before you pull the trigger. The Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter measures wind, altitude, and all critical weather and ballistic variables to calculate an accurate aim point for long-range shooting. No more DOPE cards, re-zeroing, or guessing at the wind. This all-in-one compact tool combines onsite environmental measurements with a powerful G1/G7 ballistics calculator to deliver precise elevation and windage solutions for any gun, any round, any shot. Get first-shot confidence with the all-in-one, long-range shooting solution trusted by long-range hunters and shooters.
The Kestrel 5700 is a tremendous value in full-featured ballistics calculators. Providing the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 5700 Elite Ballistics Weather Meter, this integrated weather meter and ballistics solver takes the guesswork out of long-range shooting and is an ideal companion for hunters, competitive, and recreational shooters working to stretch their reach in long-range shooting.
The Kestrel 5 Series platform offers a large, high-resolution, and contrast display with ease of font readability. It also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens, AA battery operation, and optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5700 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof, and able to withstand harsh environments without damage– so it can accompany you to the range or hunt for years to come. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel 5700 with you.
Buy the Kestrel 5700 with LiNK and get the power of the Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app for Android or the Kestrel Link Ballistics app for iOS for free. Build and manage your gun/bullet profiles and download them to your Kestrel 5700 before you set out. At the range or match, secure your Kestrel 5700 to a tripod using the optional Kestrel Vane Mount and use the app to quickly adjust the target range and view the shooting solution and wind rose without leaving your shooting position. It’s like having a meteorologist and ballistician standing next to you while you shoot.
In addition to the ballistics solver capabilities, the Kestrel 5700 is a comprehensive weather meter for measurement and logging of primary environmental conditions: wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, heat index, pressure, and altitude. Paired with the Vane Mount, the Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter becomes a compact, easily deployable weather station. Your data log can be transferred to an iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a Windows/Mac device with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions, and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Watch any on-screen meteorologist during a hurricane, and you’re sure to spot a Kestrel in action. With a Kestrel 5700, you can put accurate shooting solutions and environmental measurements in the palm of your hand, anywhere your adventure takes you.
There are a number of great user videos on Youtube to checkout and see people using the Kestrel Meters.
Here is a great channel covering most everything.
- Employs a G1/G7 ballistic solver, correcting for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift, and Coriolis to achieve accurate long-range shots.
- Easy Mode walks you through a simple step-by-step guide to using your Kestrel so you can learn faster and start shooting long-range with confidence.
- Muzzle Velocity Calibration Guide allows for accurate measurement of bullet speed without a chronograph to improve accuracy.
- Environmental Capture measures and adjusts for actual conditions wherever you are and automatically updates the ballistic solution – eliminating the need to re-zero when moving to a different altitude.
- LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers and integration with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy. (Note: LiNK Dongle sold separately)
- Choice of solution units (Mils, MOA, Clicks, Inches, or Centimeters)- works with any gun or targeting scope.
- Weather mode offers all the environmental measurements, storage, and charting capabilities of the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure, and altitude.
- The large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. Includes both bright white and night-vision-preserving red backlight. It’s really easy to read.
- Kestrel LiNK for Ballistics app on iOS and Android provides convenient gun management/backup, and the ability to view your Kestrel’s solution remotely on your mobile device.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
- You can upgrade to the Elite model for US$300,00 down the line.
- Backlight – Switchable White/Red
- Ballistics Calculator – Applied Ballistics®
- Battery Life Indicator
- Data Log Graph View
- Data Logging – Adjustable Interval
- Date & Time
- Digital Compass
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Integrated Flip Open Impeller Cover
- Intuitive Tactile Up/Down/Enter Keypad
- LiNK Wireless Communication – When Option Selected (Bluetooth low energy)*
- Multilingual Menus (English, French, Spanish, German)
- Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading
- Pressure Sensor
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Waterproof to IP67 (3’/1M for 30 minutes)
- Aerodynamic Jump Correction
- Basic Ballistic Data Table
- Connect with LiNK Compatible Range Finders
- Coriolis Correction
- Create and store 1 Target
- Create and store up to 3 Gun/Bullet Profiles
- G1/G7 Drag Models
- Muzzle Velocity Calibration
- MV-Temp Table
- Spin Drift Correction
- Supports Mil, MOA, Clicks
- Standard and Night Vision Preserving Backlight
- Target Range Estimator
- Battery – 1 x AA
- Certificate Of Conformity (Spec Sheet)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch